“PDPA” means Personal Data Protection Act 2010;
“Personal Information” means any information in our possession or control that relates directly or indirectly to you (or any other individual) to the extent that you (or such other individual) are identified or identifiable from that information or from other information in our possession;
“Privacy Laws” means privacy laws and regulations of Malaysia, specifically refers to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
“Products and Services” means any products or services offered by us;
“Sensitive Personal Data” means any personal data consisting of information as to physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of an offence or any personal data prescribed under law as sensitive personal data.
“User(s)” means the visitors who are accessing to the Website.
“Website” or “Site” means the website owned and operated by Bio Eneco Sdn Bhd in relation to the Programme and located at bioeneco.com or at such other domain name registered by Bio Eneco.
- Personal Information
- What we collect from you.
It includes but is not limited to the following items:
- Personal details such as name, identity card number, company name, position, email, age, gender, nationality, date of birth, address, telephone number, password, payment information and other details you provide when you use our Services;
- Information in connection with Products and Services you used, or purchased from us, or have registered with us for information, updates, inquiries, etc;
- Information in connection with products you exchange from us or have you registered you interest with us for exchange, information, updates, inquiries, etc;
- Personal interests or preferences such as language, product or content interests, communicating and marketing preferences;
- Other information that are, have been or may be collected by us, or which you provide to us from time to time, in connection with any service, transaction, contest, survey, promotion, questionnaire or communication with us relating to Programme or otherwise;
- Username, password and other identifiers when you register at our website.
- How we collect your Personal Information.
It includes but is not limited to the following instances:
- When you register your interest with us to obtain information and updates on any products and services;
- When you visit our website;
- When you enter contest or respond to surveys, promotions or questionnaires;
- When you submit the Quote Request Form to our Website;
- When you submit any documentation or application to us;
- Pursuant to any transaction or inquiry or communication made with or to us;
- When you use our electronic services, or interact with us or use Services on our website. This includes, without limitation, through cookies which we may deploy when you interact with our website.
- Purpose of collecting and processing your Personal Information.
It includes but is not limited to the following instances:
- To communicate with you;
- To process your application, inquiry or request;
- To provide the Products and Services or such other goods and services you requested;
- For administration of Products and Services;
- To respond to your queries;
- To conduct surveys, research and statistical analysis;
- To help us monitor and improve our services;
- To allow for audits and surveys to, among other things, validate the size and composition of our target audience, and understand their experience with Bio Eneco’s Product & Services;
- To market and promote other products and services that are or may be offered by us, our partners or sponsors from time to time;
- For direct marketing purposes;
- To provide you with information and updates on products and services requested;
- To respond to legal processes or to comply with or as required by any applicable law, governmental or regulatory requirements of any relevant jurisdiction;
- Any other purposes permitted by applicable laws.
As the purposes for which we will/may collect, use, disclose or process your personal data depend on the circumstances at hand, such purpose may not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purpose at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of the applicable data without your consent is permitted by the Privacy Laws.
- How we protect your Personal Information.
We implement a variety of security measures to ensure the security of your personal data on our systems. User personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of employees who have special access rights to such systems. We will retain personal data in accordance with the Privacy Laws and/or other applicable laws.
That is, we will destroy or anonymize your personal data as soon as it is reasonable to assume that:
- the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and
- retention is no longer necessary for any legal or business purposes.
- Sensitive Personal Data
- We do not collect Sensitive Personal Data from you unless required by applicable laws. If you do not want our Sensitive Personal Data collected by us, please do not submit it.
- Setting up an account
In order to use certain functionalities of the Services, you will have to create a user account which requires you to submit certain personal data. When you register and create an account, we require you to provide us with your name and email address, telephone/fax number, company name, shipping address as well as password. Upon activating an account, your username is your first name. Your username and password will be used so you can securely access and maintain your account.
Certain information requested by us are mandatory which you must provide and agree to the processing of such mandatory information by us, failing which, we will not able to approve or continue your membership with the Programme or provide you information, updates, products or services you requested or relating to the Programme.
- Account Protection
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers and letters and do not disclose your password or your Personal Information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
We will never ask for your password by phone or e-mail, so if you receive such inquiry, please report the incident to the Personal Data Protection Officer at the contact details set out in Section 6 below.
If you access our Website from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, a PC room or a library, certain information about you, such as your user ID, activity or reminders from the Website, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you. To protect your personal information or communication from being disclosed to others, you should log out and clear the web browser after using our Website.
You can prevent storage of cookies by choosing a “disable cookies” option in your browser settings. But this can limit the functionality of our internet offers as a result.
- Disclaimer regarding security and third party sites
We do not guarantee the security of personal data and/or other information that you provide on third party sites. Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access personal data transmitted to or contained on the site, technologies may malfunction or not work as anticipated, or someone might access, abuse or misuse information through no fault of ours. We will nevertheless deploy reasonable security arrangements to protect your personal data as required by the Privacy Laws; however, there can inevitably be no guarantee of absolute security such as but not limited to when unauthorized disclosure arises from malicious and sophisticated hacking by malcontents through no fault of ours.
To facilitate the purposes above and the provision of products and services to you, we may process, use and disclose your Personal Information to the following classes of third parties:-
- Our partners and sponsors;
- Our contractors, service providers, consultants, auditors and advisors on a need to know basis;
- Regulatory authorities and enforcement agencies;
- Any court of law or any relevant party in connection with any claim or legal proceedings;
- Any actual or potential assignee, transferee or acquirer of our company of business;
- Payment channels, including without limitation, financial institutions for purposes of facilitating payments due to us.
3.0 Transfer of Personal Information outside Malaysia
Your Personal Information may be transferred to a country outside Malaysia. You hereby consent to us transferring your Personal Information outside of Malaysia, including to the class of third parties set out in Section 2.
- Access or Update your Personal Information
- You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information about yourself and other person whose personal information you provide us (for e.g., your spouse, children, relatives or third parties), and as such and when such information become incorrect or outdated you should correct or update such information by contacting us or submitting fresh information.
- You may, by writing to us at the address set out in Section 6 below:
- Request for a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you;
- Request to rectify or update your Personal Information.
Please provide proof of your identity, address and sufficient information to enable us to identify you when you submitting your request to us.
- On receipt of your written request, we may:
- Comply or refuse your request to access or rectify your Personal Information. If we refuse, we will notify you the reasons for such refusal;
- Charge a fee for processing your request for access or rectification.
- Limit the process of your Personal Information
- If you:
- wish to opt out from receiving offers, promotions and marketing materials and information on other products and services from us our partners, vendors or sponsors;
- or would like us to cease processing your Personal Information for a specified purpose or in a specified manner;
please notify us in writing to the address set out in Section 6 below.
- Contact Us
BIO ENECO SDN BHD
61-2, Jalan Radin Tengah, Bandar Baru Sri Petaling, 57000 ,KL, Malaysia.
Tel: +603-9054 8138 (Malaysia)
The Personal Data Protection Department is responsible for taking reasonable endeavors to protect user information and preventing unauthorized disclosure. The Personal Data Protection Department is not responsible for damage or loss of information due to unexpected incident due to hacking or other risks inherent to the network that may occur despite technical safeguards. The Personal Data Protection Department is not responsible for any dispute arising from the Users’ posts.
- When we post changes to this Policy, we will revise the “Effective Date” at the bottom of this Policy. We recommend that you check our Service from time to time to inform yourself of any changes in this Policy or any of our other policies.
Effective Date: 1st August 2018